Sunday 5 February 2012

al-Qāhira

Geez, I can hardly contain the excitement! It's real, finally real and I'm going! The paper I submitted in a moment of temporary insanity (or so it seemed) was accepted and I've been invited to give a presentation at the conference at Cairo University. Tick tack. Clock's ticking. Better finish that research because I'm flying out in less than two weeks. Actually in a week and change, inshallah.

Subhanallah I can't believe the day has come, well, to be fair I'm only flying out for a week, not the 6 months+ I've been talkig about for ...well... a while. But it's a start. Not least because I'll be stepping into Tahrir square next week, one of the centre points of the ongoing struggle for change. Because I'll get to see Game'at Al-ʾAzhar al-Šarīf, the world's 2nd oldest institution of higher learning, because I'll get to visit one, if not the Middle Eastern metropolis.

al-Qāhira
2012 is looking pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment