Monday 5 October 2009

Swapping


So...
Life has spoken, hasn't it? I didn't get into the Masters program at SOAS. Well, officially I'm still waiting for a decision on my application, but seeing how lectures start today, it's time to start packing. Swapping books, London weather and libraries against the sun and noise of le Caire. God, I can't wait! Strange, I should be more upset, and in a way I am but I can't help feeling torn.
Torn between the excitement of finally making it, getting closer to the city that has captivated my imagination for about half a decade and the sadness of leaving behind SOAS, at least for a year. SOAS, my university, the community of truly amazing and inspiring people, that come together in their desire to explore, to expand their knowledge and understanding of the world within and around, to grow as individuals and to simply celebrate the diversity that makes this place so remarkable. I think I'm homesick, and I haven't actually left...

"To God We belong, and to Him is our return" (2:156)

No comments:

Post a Comment